Thursday 7 March 2013

Duck Knights

When I was around 5-6 my brother and I created these race of mice-like creatures called the "epu". They inhabit a world similar to ours, but have their own plant and animal life, so different from Earth that they might  as well be aliens. We would draw the epu all the time (at one point exclusively) and they became a sort of personal mascot. Redrawing them as a 21 year-old feels very nostalgic and made me notice how this world has so much potential for interesting stories.

In writing this story, I imagined what I would have liked to read when I was 5-10.

I did this comic so insanely fast (about 1 hour per 2 panels), and made up the story as it went along. If I was to do a small book I could probably churn out a book per week.

I will continue this story soon. There are about 10 panels left.

Pencils:







Finals (inked with a pen and water-colored):







No comments:

Post a Comment