Sunday 13 May 2012

Dude with gas mask

So I visited my high school art teacher last week on my last visit to Oman and I sketched this dude out:


Guys with gas masks are probably the easiest things for me to draw. I liked this guy a lot because I didn't use any ref and still got the revolver in perspective (well, barely...)

So I got home and got this thing out, it is so much harder for me to paint from a drawing rather than a photo: (The iPad made him look so short! It's the iPad, I swear!)


I used linseed oil instead of turpentine this time and found it like 300 times easier. 

I'm still not 100% finished with him:

> hands are still waay too small
> some dark bits on the clothing needs to be darker
> detail on belt and filter thingy

Overall I still find pen and ink infinitely easier than this oily crap.

1 comment:

  1. DUDE! Nice Job. I like the graphic look you went with, makes it look so badass. Can't wait to see the finished version.

    ReplyDelete